Nothing beats the smell of home cooked food!
At Monkey Puzzle we know that giving children good nutrition is the best gift we can give them! It’s a tangible gift that is evident in their eyes, skin, their hearts and bones.
We aim to provide fresh balanced meals to all children at each meal or snack time. A choice of fresh fruit is available at snack times, morning and afternoon. We also cater for all dietary requirements and preferences.
- Fresh water is available to the children at all times and no squash is served.
- Breakfast consists of a variety of non-sugared cereals and wholemeal toast/crumpets or pancakes and bananas.
- Mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks consist of various fruits and a choice or either milk or water to drink.
- Lunch is always a balanced hot meal with second course, cooked freshly on the premises by our dedicated nursery chef.
- Tea is fresh, wholesome and balanced and includes a variety of choices including homemade soups, sandwiches/wraps and pasta meals.
Copies of our four week menus and recipes are available at the nursery and also displayed in our parents area. Example of our lunch menus:
|Macaroni cheese with broccoli & carrots.
Peaches & cream.
|Fish cakes, mashed potato & peas.
|Chicken a la king with rice.
Apple and Pear crumble
|Roast beef, potato wedges & Yorkshire pudding.
Homemade rice pudding.
|Tomato & vegetable bake.